Gnocchi with Vodka Sauce! Seriously cozy, seriously addicting. Pillowy-tender
gnocchi tossed with an easy five-ingredient vodka sauce, baked under a layer
of mozzarella, parmesan, and basil.|
To view the full post, click here!
Baked Gnocchi with Vodka Sauce
- Vodka Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, grated, minced, or very thinly sliced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1 (16-ounce) package DeLallo Potato Gnocchi
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley or basil
- Vodka Sauce: Heat butter in a large oven-safe pan over medium low heat. Add garlic; sauté for 5 minutes until soft (don’t brown it). Add tomato paste; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add vodka; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add cream, broth, and salt. Bring to a low simmer until the sauce coats the back of a spoon and tastes delicious. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Gnocchi: Prep the gnocchi according to package directions. Add to the sauce in the pan, and stir gently to combine.
- Bake: Preheat the oven to the broil setting (500 degrees). Arrange mozzarella balls over the top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Bake for 5-8 minutes until very browned and slightly crisped on top. Sprinkle with parsley or basil leaves and serve with a crisp green salad because DANG this is creamy, cozy, and ridiculous.