|All wrapped up and ready to go, this handheld pizza takes “fingerfood” to a new level. This recipe is a fun (and less sloppy) way to enjoy one of your favorite past times: pizza!|
Fresh Tomato-Basil Pizza Bell
All wrapped up and ready to go, this handheld pizza takes “fingerfood” to a new level. This recipe is a fun (and less sloppy) way to enjoy one of your favorite past times: pizza!
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Pizza Dough Kit
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 cup DeLallo Pizzeria-Style Pizza Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded provolone
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerated for use within 1-3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Form pizza by hand on a lightly oiled baking pan or pizza stone.
- Divide sauce and toppings between each crust. First, spread a thin layer of pizza sauce. Top with cherry tomatoes and basil. Carefully fold pizza to create a bell shape, as pictured.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden and toppings are browned.