|Starring our authentic Italian gluten-free lasagna, this veggie-loaded baked pasta dish is easy, cheesy and sure to beat off the cold-weather blues… without the gluten!|
Gluten-Free Vegetable Lasagna with Marinara
Starring our authentic Italian gluten-free lasagna, this veggie-loaded baked pasta dish is easy, cheesy and sure to beat off the cold-weather blues… without the gluten!
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 9 ounces fresh spinach
- 24 ounces (3 cups) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 ¼ cups DeLallo Grated Parmesan
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons DeLallo Fine Chopped Garlic in Water
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (25.25-ounce) jar DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Marinara Sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package DeLallo Gluten-Free Lasagna
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season zucchini with salt and pepper. Cook zucchini in batches, for 8 to 10 minutes per batch. Transfer cooked zucchini from the pan to a dish and set aside.
- Add butter and mushrooms to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until they soften and release their juices, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of oil. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Squeeze out any excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan, egg, garlic, basil, parsley, and crushed pepper. Stir in spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat a 13” x 9” casserole dish, or large oven-safe skillet with cooking spray. Begin layers lasagna by spreading ½ cup of sauce on the bottom of the dish. Top with a layer of noodles, a layer of zucchini, a layer of mushrooms, ½ of the ricotta mixture and ½ cup of mozzarella. Spread 1/3 of the remaining sauce and repeat the layers. End with a layer of noodles, sauce and ½ cup of mozzarella.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.