These easy pinwheels are perfect for your next holiday get together. Not only is the classic combination of pesto, prosciutto and mozzarella delicious, but they also happen to be red, green and white and look gorgeous and holiday chic on your holiday table.
Pesto Pinwheels with Cheese and Prosciutto
These easy pinwheels are perfect for your next holiday get together. Not only is the classic combination of pesto, prosciutto and mozzarella delicious, but they also happen to be red, green and white and look gorgeous and holiday chic on your holiday table. Check out the full post: Pesto Pinwheels.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- 1/4 cup Simply Pesto® Sauce - Traditional Basil
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Simply Pesto - Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive
- 10 slices DeLallo Sliced Prosciutto
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded DeLallo Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated DeLallo Grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh basil, optional for serving
- Unfold the first sheet of puff pastry on a work surface (if the pastry is sticky, lightly dust the work surface first).
- Roll it into a 10x12-inch rectangle. Spread with 1/4 cup of basil pesto leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides.
- Lay 5 prosciutto slices on top, overlapping as needed. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup Mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Starting at the long (12-inch) edge, roll the puff pastry into a log. Press it lightly as you go so that the filling rolls inside the pastry. Trim the ends so that they are even, then tightly wrap the log with the plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 day. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry, and sun-dried tomato olive pesto, prosciutto, and cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Once the logs have chilled, using a sharp, serrated knife, carefully cut each log into 1/2-inch-wide slices. Arrange the rolls on the baking sheet spiral-side up, spacing each 1 inch apart.
- Bake until the puff pastry is flaky and golden brown and the cheese is hot and bubbly about 18 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with chopped basil as desired. Let cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yield: 48 pinwheels