|These manicotti are filled with a blend of ricotta, mozzarella and fresh spinach then topped with our Pomodoro Fresco Tomato Basil Sauce and Parmigiano-Reggiano for a cheesy, flavorful dish that will wow your dinner guests.|
Ricotta Spinach Manicotti
These manicotti are filled with a blend of ricotta, mozzarella and fresh spinach then topped with our Pomodoro Fresco Tomato Basil Sauce and Parmigiano-Reggiano for a cheesy, flavorful dish that will wow your dinner guests.
- 1 (9-ounce) package DeLallo No-Boil Lasagna
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1 pound DeLallo Ricotta
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 (25.5-ounce) jar DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Tomato Basil Sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Soften about 15 sheets of lasagna in the boiling water, approximately 3 minutes, so that you may roll them. Remove lasagna with tongs and transfer them to a flat platter. Continue to boil water for spinach.
- Blanch spinach by submerging for 2 to 3 minutes in boiling water, until soft and bright green in color. Remove and quickly place in cold, ice water to stop cooking process. Once cooled, drain spinach well, squeezing with a paper towel to remove moisture. Coarsely chop spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach with ricotta, egg yolks, mozzarella and 1/2 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Mix all ingredients well.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Create manicotti by laying out each sheet of lasagna in front of you, vertically; spoon 2 tablespoons of ricotta filling on the edge closest to you. Roll gently, without pressing too hard. Roll all of the manicotti.
- Spread 1/3 of pasta sauce over the length of a large baking sheet. Arrange manicotti on sheet, then top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake for 25 minutes.