We love alfredo sauce so much that we decided to revamp the reputation of calorie-dense alfredo pasta. We added asparagus, snap peas, arugula, peas and artichokes to this veggie-loaded pasta dish, so you get the best of both worlds—rich, silky alfredo sauce with plenty of health benefits on the side.
- SERVES: 4-6
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons DeLallo Fine Chopped Garlic in Water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Add butter and cream to a large skillet. Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the garlic, salt and pepper for one minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheeses and sour cream.
- Prepare 2 bowls with ice baths. Bringa medium pot of salt ed water to a boil. Cook asparagus in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Transfer to ice bath using a slotted spoon. Add sugar snap peas to the water and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to ice bath using a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, asparagus, sugar snap peas, artichokes and sauce. Toss well to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture among plates and top with lemon zest and pine nuts.