The more mature sibling of the green Amfissa, this ripe Greek olive is a beloved component of Mediterranean entertaining and a tasty gourmet addition to a number of kitchen creations—from pasta to pizza and everything in between.
Pitted Black Greek, Seasoned Black Greek Olives, Olive Medley, Mixed Olive Salad, Marinated Greek Mix, Mixed Medley Salad, Mammoth Black Greek.
- The fully ripened Amfissa olive is a deep brown color, ranging from a deep purplish hue to black.
- Size can vary but most table olives are large and plump with a round shape.
- Texture is semi-soft and yielding to the bite.
- Hand-harvested, then cured with a natural sea salt brine for approximately 3 months.
TASTE & TEXTURE
The Black Greek (Amfissa) olive has a distinctly tangy, red wine flavor with a pleasantly bitter finish.
Black Greek olives get along well with lemony, garlicky flavors, and are perfect to pair with other Greek flavors like kasseri and manouri cheeses, hummus, stuffed grape leaves, smoky roasted peppers and crunchy marinated garlic. Try them as part of a Greek meze platter or as an addition to salads, flatbreads and more.
IN THE KITCHEN
- Roasted with Lemon Slices & Italian Herbs
- Olive & Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Greek Olive Flatbread with Feta and Roasted Red Peppers
- Mediterranean Artichoke Salad
DID YOU KNOW…?
The red wine flavor of this olive is due to the natural yeast present in fermentation.