|With loads of vegetables, salty Parmesan and a flaky crust, this savory galette is perfect for a hearty snack, light lunch or show-stopping appetizer.|
With loads of vegetables, salty Parmesan and a flaky crust, this savory galette is perfect for a hearty snack, light lunch or show-stopping appetizer.
- 2 (12-ounce) jars DeLallo Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 leeks, cleaned and chopped
- ½ pound pancetta, diced
- 8 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Fine Chopped Garlic in Water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bay leaf and salt and cook gently until the onion is soft and aromatic, about 10 minutes.
- Add the leeks and cook, stirring for three more minutes. Then add the pancetta, garlic, mushrooms and thyme. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the wine and allow it to simmer for 3 minutes. Then add the stock and simmer for another 3 minutes to reduce the mixture.
- Stir in the artichokes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a roux by melting the butter in a separate pan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add the roux to the artichoke mixture and cook for another 3-5 minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in ricotta and parmesan. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Take the pastry from the refrigerator. Flour your work surface and roll the dough to about 1/8-inch thick. Cut into a 9” circle or keep rectangular. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Leaving a 3-inch border around the edges, top the dough with the artichoke mixture. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling. Brush the crust with the beaten egg.
- Bake the galette for 45-55 minutes or until the crust is golden. Allow to cool 5 minutes and then slice and serve.