|Snack-sized cheesy polenta appetizers stuffed with savory Italian sausage and our fresh tomato Pomodoro Fresco Sauce. Entertain with a taste of Northern Italy.|
Cheesy Italian Sausage Stuffed Polenta Bites
Snack-sized cheesy polenta appetizers stuffed with savory Italian sausage and our fresh tomato Pomodoro Fresco Sauce. Entertain with a taste of Northern Italy.
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock, plus 1 cup water
- 1 (9.2-ounce) box DeLallo Instant Polenta
- 1/2 stick butter
- 8 ounces grated Havarti
- 1 pound loose Italian sausage
- 2 cups DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Marinara
- 1/4 pound shredded provolone
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Bring stock and water to a boil. Stir in polenta, stirring constantly to avoid clumping. Add butter and grated Havarti. Stir until combined. Immediately remove from heat and evenly distribute polenta into a 12-cup non-stick muffin pan. Allow to cool.
- Once polenta cools, spoon out a hollow in the top of each muffin for stuffing. (you can use the cored out polenta for leftovers)
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, brown Italian sausage, breaking up while cooking. Once cooked through, stir in Pomodoro Fresco Sauce and cook until hot, about 7 minutes.
- Fill each polenta muffin with meat sauce, then top with provolone. Bake until cheese becomes hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with freshly chopped basil.