Bright and tangy homemade frozen yogurt swirled with a mouth-puckering tart cherry jam for a combination that is utter perfection.
Get the full recipe here!
Homemade Frozen Yogurt with Sour Cherry Spread
- 2 1/2 cups (24 ounces) strained whole milk yogurt*
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon guar gum
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup or light corn syrup
- 1 jar DeLallo Sour Cherry Spread
- If using regular yogurt, place in a cheesecloth-lined fine mesh sieve set over a large bowl. Let drain overnight in the refrigerator. Measure out 2 1/2 cups of yogurt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, salt and guar gum until evenly incorporated. Add to yogurt along with golden syrup and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled (the colder this is when you start churning it, the better). It should measure under 40 degrees F if you test it with an instant read thermometer.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions until it reaches the consistency of soft serve.
- Transfer to a freeze safe container. If you plan to swirl with cherry, spread about 1/4 of the yogurt in the container, then spoon a few dollops of jam on top. Repeat with another layer of yogurt and a few more spoonfuls of jam. You’re really just layering the yogurt and the jam, which will appear ‘swirled’ once it is scooped. Don’t actually swirl the jam in as it’ll mix it too much.
- Freeze overnight or until completely firm. Let sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before scooping and serving (drizzled with cherry jam as desired).""