|Pan-fried and breaded, these juicy pork chops are seasoned with tangy lemon, Italian parsley and garlic, then served up over a bed of orzo and peas. We top with Parmigiano-Reggiano for the perfect finish!|
Italian Lemon-Breaded Pork Chops with Orzo & Peas
Pan-fried and breaded, these juicy pork chops are seasoned with tangy lemon, Italian parsley and garlic, then served up over a bed of orzo and peas. We top with Parmigiano-Reggiano for the perfect finish!Pork:
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Plain Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Fine Chopped Garlic in Water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 thin-cut pork chops, pounded flat
- 1/4 cup or more DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup DeLallo Orzo Pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 5 ounces, or 1/2 box, frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Set aside 2 teaspoons of lemon zest for orzo dish. In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest and garlic. In a separate shallow bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs to combine. Using flour, dust pork chops lightly, shaking off any excess. Dip chops into the eggs, then into the breadcrumb mixture. Coat well.
- In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add orzo and cook for al dente texture. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Fry pork chops until cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Depending on the thickness of the pork chops, cook time may vary. Remove pork and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and shallot in saucepan until it softens, about 3 minutes. Add peas, parsley, reserved 2 teaspoons of lemon zest and cooked orzo. Salt and pepper to season. Sauté for 8 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve pork chops atop a bed of orzo with peas. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano.