|Twirly cavatappi makes an excellent base for a traditional pasta salad. The twisty noodles catch all the savory ingredients, giving you a burst of flavor and texture in every bite.|
Italian Pasta Salad with Cavatappi
Twirly cavatappi makes an excellent base for a traditional pasta salad. The twisty noodles catch all the savory ingredients, giving you a burst of flavor and texture in every bite.
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Cavatappi
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Nonpareil Capers in Brine
- 1 (6.7-ounce) jar DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Pitted Calamata Olives, halved
- 9-ounce DeLallo Genoa Salami, diced into small pieces
- 8-ounce wedge DeLallo Domestic Provolone, diced into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 2 DeLallo Anchovy Fillets in Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Chopped Garlic in Water
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Golden Sweet Balsamic-Style Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons DeLallo Lemon Juice Slice
- 1/4 teaspoon DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and allow it to come to room temperature or chill in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining anchovies, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil to incorporate.
- Place all chopped and diced ingredients into the pasta bowl.
- Pour dressing over ingredients. Toss well and serve.