savory with a vibrant citrus kick, these are no ordinary muffins. We bake up
these golden gems with the beloved Italian staple, polenta, and tangy Meyer
*Recipe developed for DeLallo by Tutti Dolci.
Lemon Polenta Muffins
Sweet, savory with a vibrant citrus kick, these are no ordinary muffins. We bake up these golden gems with the beloved Italian staple, polenta, and tangy Meyer lemons. *Recipe developed for DeLallo by Tutti Dolci.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup DeLallo Instant Polenta
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup citrus marmalade
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups. Lightly spray baking cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, polenta, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture. In a separate bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, buttermilk, olive oil, egg and almond extract.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture using the well in the center. Incorporate with a fork until just combined.
- Fill each baking cup 1/2 full with batter, then add a teaspoon of marmalade. Top with remaining batter. Gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles.
- Place muffins into the oven and immediately reduce temperature to 375˚F. Bake for 16 minutes, until muffins are golden. Test with a toothpick. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 2 minutes before removing muffins.
- Serve warm or cooled.