|An easy, homestyle cookie full of rich chocolatey coffee flavor… up for the Cookie of the Year in our kitchen. The bold mocha cookies are irresistibly chewy with crisp edges, the perfect after-dinner snack.|
Mocha Nut Cookies with Sea Salt
An easy, homestyle cookie full of rich chocolatey coffee flavor… up for the Cookie of the Year in our kitchen. The bold mocha cookies are irresistibly chewy with crisp edges, the perfect after-dinner snack.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons DeLallo Instant Espresso Coffee Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder, coarse ground for finishing
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Ready a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon, combine brown and granulated sugars with melted butter. Make sure butter has cooled some. If the butter is too hot, it will cook the egg.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla and espresso powder. Mix until smooth. Add the the remaining dry ingredients, including the flour, and mix until just blended. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet. Arrange dough balls 2 inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
- Transfer immediately from oven to a cooling rack. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.