|You think you know carbonara, but have you tried our Mushroom Carbonara recipe? It is our mushroom-loaded take on the traditional pasta sauce. Garlic, thyme, earthy mushrooms, butter… it’s the simplicity of this recipe that takes it to another level.|
Mushroom Carbonara Recipe
You think you know carbonara, but have you tried our Mushroom Carbonara recipe? It is our mushroom-loaded take on the traditional pasta sauce. Garlic, thyme, earthy mushrooms, butter… it’s the simplicity of this recipe that takes it to another level.
- 1 (16-ounce) package DeLallo Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 sprigs thyme, plus 1 tablespoon fresh chopped for serving
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Imported Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of hot pasta water.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter with the oil. Stir in shallots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the thyme sprigs and mushrooms to the skillet. Once mushrooms are tender, about 4 to 5 minutes, remove thyme sprigs and discard. Add hot pasta to the pan and toss to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and parmesan cheese. Remove pasta from heat and pour the egg mixture into the pasta, tossing quickly until the eggs thicken and create a sauce. Thin the sauce with a bit of the reserved hot pasta water, until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Season the carbonara with fresh pepper, salt and chopped thyme. Serve sprinkled with Parmigiano-Reggiano.