One-Pot Gnocchi with Vodka Sauce
Rich, velvety smooth vodka sauce enrobes tender mini gnocchi like a warm woolen blanket. And it’ll warm your insides too, especially when you find out it’s all made in a single saucepan!
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet or medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomato paste, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning and stir until evenly coated, about 2 minutes.
- Add vodka and stir until mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add tomato puree and water and bring to a gentle simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium to keep the sauce from bubbling too vigorously.
- Add mini gnocchi and cook, stirring occasionally to keep bubbles to a minimum, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until gnocchi are tender and cooked through (slightly longer for larger gnocchi).
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese; serve with sliced crusty bread for sopping up the extra sauce.
- Click here to learn how to make homemade gnocchi from scratch.
- Click here to learn how to make easy homemade gnocchi with our Gnocchi Kit.