velvety smooth vodka sauce enrobes tender mini gnocchi like a warm woolen
blanket. And it’ll warm your insides too, especially when you find out it’s
all made in a single saucepan!|
To view the full recipe, click here!
One-Pot Gnocchi with Vodka Sauce
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup DeLallo Passata Rustica Rich Tomato Purée
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 16 oz. box DeLallo Mini Potato Gnocchi
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Fresh shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet or medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomato paste, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning and stir until evenly coated, about 2 minutes.
- Add vodka and stir until mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add tomato puree and water and bring to a gentle simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium to keep the sauce from bubbling too vigorously.
- Add mini gnocchi and cook, stirring occasionally to keep bubbles to a minimum, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until gnocchi are tender and cooked through (slightly longer for larger gnocchi).
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese; serve with sliced crusty bread for sopping up the extra sauce.
- Click here to learn how to make homemade gnocchi from scratch.
- Click here to learn how to make easy homemade gnocchi with our Gnocchi Kit.