|Sound the sirens! This spicy pizza pie is loaded up with all your fiery favorites—like our Calabrian Chili Peppers, jalapeño peppers and Pepper Jack cheese. This is one for the spicy food fanatics… if you can stand the heat.|
Spicy Sausage & Pesto Pizza with Roasted Corn & Jalapeños
Sound the sirens! This spicy pizza pie is loaded up with all your fiery favorites—like our Calabrian Chili Peppers, jalapeño peppers and Pepper Jack cheese. This is one for the spicy food fanatics… if you can stand the heat.
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Italian Pizza Dough Kit
- 3 ears of corn (about 1 cup of kernels)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound loose spicy Italian sausage
- 1 cup DeLallo Italian Pizza Sauce Margherita Style
- 4 teaspoons DeLallo Simply Pesto Sauce Traditional Basil
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced (or more to taste)
- 4 DeLallo Calabrian Chili Peppers, chopped (or more to taste)
- Handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Remove husks and silks from corn. Butter corn and wrap in foil. Place on cookie sheet and roast for 20 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, remove kernels and set aside in bowl.
- Turn oven up to 500˚F.
- On medium-high heat, brown sausage, approximately 10-12 minutes. Drain grease and set aside.
- Cut prepared pizza dough in half. Roll out dough into a circle on a floured surface.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together pizza sauce and pesto to combine. Spread evenly on dough. Top with torn mozzarella and Pepper Jack cheese.
- Next, sprinkle with sausage crumbles, corn, jalapeños and Calabrian chili peppers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust becomes golden. Remove pizza from oven and top with cilantro.