This delicious, light shrimp and tortellini salad can be served as a side or main dish, perfect for summer potlucks or pool parties, or anytime you need a pasta salad that isn’t weighed down with heavy mayo. Great to make ahead as the flavors get better the longer it sits. Leftovers are perfect to pack for lunch!
Check out the full recipe here!
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 8 1/2 oz DeLallo Ricotta & Spinach Tortellini
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 oz capers
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook tortellini according to package directions. Using a large mesh spoon, transfer the pasta to a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Return water to a boil and add the shrimp, poach for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are just pink, rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking, drain and cut into large pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion, celery, capers and olives and pour the dressing over; mix well.
- Add the shrimp, tortellini and remaining ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and chill before serving.