A key player in the olive oil business, the Arbequina olive is small in size but big in flavor. Notably, these Spanish gems can be anywhere from pink to burnt orange in color, adding some interesting color to cheeseboards and antipasto spreads.
Arbeca (formerly Arbequa) of Catalonia Spain
Natural Arbequina Olives in Oil
- Round and small with a color that ranges from light pink to deep orange.
- Cured in a natural sea salt brine for about 1-2 months.
- Because of their balanced flavor and high oil content, Arbequina olives are mostly used in olive oil production.
TASTE & TEXTURE
A pleasingly fruity and buttery olive, rich and flavorful for its small size. Its texture is firm and meaty.
Pair up these small fruity olives tangy goat cheese or feta, dried figs or pears and almonds.
IN THE KITCHEN
- Warmed Olives with Citrus Zest, Chili Pepper and Rosemary
- Tomato Soup with Fennel & Olive Garnish
- Pan-fried Scallops with Olives & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Spanish-Style Baked Chicken with Olives and Rice
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad with Olives & Chickpeas