|An easy weeknight pasta recipe for olive lovers, this simple recipe brings together some incredible flavors: tangy citrus, briny olives, robust garlic. We finish it off with a sprinkle of nutty Parmesan.|
Bucatini Pasta with Green Olives
An easy weeknight pasta recipe for olive lovers, this simple recipe brings together some incredible flavors: tangy citrus, briny olives, robust garlic. We finish it off with a sprinkle of nutty Parmesan.
- 1 (16-ounce) package DeLallo Bucatini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup DeLallo Pitted Castelvetrano Olives, drained and halved
- ¾ cup DeLallo Pitted Olives Gigante, drained and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- DeLallo Grated Parmesan for serving
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of hot pasta water.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olives and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and add the past and reserved hot pasta water. Simmer, stirring until the sauce thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the parsley and salt and pepper.
- Divide into bowls and serve topped with Parmesan.