|This adventurous homemade pizza recipe is the best of both worlds! Hold the pasta and partner up your favorite cheesy chicken entrée with… pizza? You better believe it.|
Chicken Parmesan Pizza
This adventurous homemade pizza recipe is the best of both worlds! Hold the pasta and partner up your favorite cheesy chicken entrée with… pizza? You better believe it.
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Pizza Dough Kit
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Fine Chopped Garlic in Water
- 1 cup DeLallo San Marzano Style Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 5 ounce fresh mozzarella, torn
- Handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Chicken Parmesan:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about ½ pound each)
- 1 (8-ounce) can DeLallo Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup DeLallo Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 500˚F.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken breasts. Ready 3 shallow bowls for breading. In the first bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. In the second bowl, pour flour. Reserve the final bowl for two beaten eggs.
- First, dust chicken with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Bread chicken breasts by dredging in flour, dipping in egg and then coating with breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-fry chicken for about 4 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Set aside and let stand for 10 minutes then cut into thin strips.
- Cut prepared pizza dough in half. Roll out dough into a circle on a floured surface.
- Spread garlic and tomatoes evenly over the dough. Sprinkle with salt. Top with provolone and mozzarella cheeses. Finish with sliced chicken.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust becomes golden. Remove pizza from oven and top with fresh basil.