|We love cooking up this classic cabbage dish with our rich and hearty egg pasta. This is the perfect weeknight pasta dish of few ingredients: hearty, but simple.|
Classic Cabbage and Noodles with Pancetta
We love cooking up this classic cabbage dish with our rich and hearty egg pasta. This is the perfect weeknight pasta dish of few ingredients: hearty, but simple.
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package DeLallo Pappardelle Egg Pasta
- 5 cups sliced green cabbage (about ½ head of cabbage)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 5 ounces thick cut pancetta, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside, reserving 1 cup of the hot pasta water for later use.
- Meanwhile, cut the cabbage and onion in quarters then slice into strips. Remove the thickest white sections of the cabbage and keep the thinner white and green layers. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and sauté until crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Add the cabbage and onions and cook for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir in garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once the cabbage is tender, add hot pasta to the skillet. Stir to combine. Add a small amount of hot pasta water to help marry flavors. of the reserved pasta water to help blend the flavors. Salt and pepper for taste. Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley.