Gaby Cooking cleaned out her pantry and created this new pasta recipe that
features marinated artichokes tossed with bacon and a light cream sauce. Super delicious and so easy to make!|
To view the full post, click here!
Creamy Artichoke and Bacon Bucatini
- 1 (1-pound) package Delallo Bucatini
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) jar DeLallo Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained and blotted dry
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan
- Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instruction. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water to finish the sauce.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon, letting cool and keeping the bacon drippings.
- Add the olive oil and butter to the skillet over medium heat with the bacon drippings and let the butter melt. Add the shallot and garlic and saute for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the artichoke quarters and let crisp up in the fat. Reduce heat to low, add the spinach and cover until wilted, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta into the skillet along with the ½ cup of heavy cream and reserved cooking liquid. Increase heat to medium-high and stir to combine. Add the parmesan and bacon and stir, season with additional salt and pepper and serve.