This Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe is a warm and creamy dish is perfect for fall. It can be a quick and easy weeknight meal or a crowd-pleaser if you’re entertaining some guests.
View the full Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe here!
Creamy Mushroom Pasta
This Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe is a warm and creamy dish is perfect for fall. It can be a quick and easy weeknight meal or a crowd-pleaser if you’re entertaining some guests. View the full Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe here!
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- ¼ pound fresh morel mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces DeLallo Fettuccine Egg Pasta
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- ¾ cup freshly shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper and cook until golden browned, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir the garlic into mushrooms and cook for 1 minute; pour in white wine and cook until wine is nearly evaporated. Mix chicken stock into mushroom mixture; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream into mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes until the mixture starts to foam.
- While the mushrooms are finishing cooking, fill a large pot with water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the Delallo fettuccine and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain but do not rinse pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl and keep warm.
- Stir thyme and chives into mushroom sauce and turn off heat; mix 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into sauce until cheese has melted.
- Pour all the mushroom sauce and half the mushrooms over pasta, reserving about half the mushrooms in the skillet. Toss pasta in sauce until coated; top with remaining mushrooms and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for garnish.