|Just that creamy, hearty pasta dish you were craving… go on, we dare you to pass up this recipe.|
Creamy Shells with Artichokes & Italian Sausage
Just that creamy, hearty pasta dish you were craving… go on, we dare you to pass up this recipe.
- 1 (1-pound) package Pasta Shells
- 1 pound crumbled Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (13.75-ounce) can DeLallo Artichoke Quarters, drained
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta. Cook according to package instruction. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water to finish sauce.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, brown sausage with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté on a medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Transfer sausage and pan drippings to a dish and set aside. Reduce heat to low.
- Add heavy cream to the saucepan. Stir in grated cheese. Once sauce is warmed and beginning to thicken, stir in artichokes and cooked sausage. Cook together for about 3 minutes.
- Add hot pasta and cook for another two minutes. Add reserved pasta water if necessary to thin sauce.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan and parsley.