|Featuring raw fennel, radishes and a from-scratch vinaigrette made with hot and spicy pesto, this whole-wheat pasta salad has some serious kick!|
Crunchy Vegetable Whole-Wheat Pasta Salad with Spicy Ricotta Vinaigrette
Featuring raw fennel, radishes and a from-scratch vinaigrette made with calabrian chili peppers, this whole-wheat pasta salad has some serious kick!
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Whole Wheat Cavatappi
- 6 large radishes cut into bite sized shunks
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, blanched and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 12 ounces mixed greens
- 3/4 cup finely grated ricotta salata
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Chopped Calabrian Chili Peppers
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, cool and set aside.
- In a small food processor or blender, add ricotta salata, peppers, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper, and blend until combined. Gradually add oil until emulsified. Taste for seasoning and additional lemon juice, salt and pepper if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine radishes, fennel asparagus, carrot and cucumber. Add pasta and dressing to the bolw and toss to combine.
- Place lettuce on a large serving platter. Top with pasta mixture and serve with warm toasts topped with ricotta cheese adn drizzle with olive oil (optional).