Spicy eggs for breakfast? Yes please. You’re going to love this recipe from our friend, Jess, from HowSweetEats.com!
how sweet eats
See the full post here.
Fiery Baked Eggs in Spicy Arrabiatta
Spicy eggs for breakfast? Yes please. You’re going to love this recipe from our friend, Jess, from HowSweetEats.com! Recipe from: how sweet eats See the full post here.
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (I really love this basil one!)
- 1/3 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 cups DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Spicy Arrabiatta Sauce
- 1 (12-ounce)jar of DeLallo Roasted Red Peppers, drained and patted dry
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmagiano-reggiano
- fresh herbs for topping (basil, rosemary, thyme)
- doughy bread for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-low heat and add the bacon. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once some of the fat as rendered, stir in the onion and cook until it softens, about 5 to 6 minutes, and the bacon is crispy.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato paste, paprika, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Cook for another minute. Pour in the tomato sauce and stir. Bring the sauce to a simmer and turn off the heat. Stir in the roasted red peppers. Gently crack each egg into the sauce, creating a little well with a spoon.
- Bake the eggs until the whites are cooked through and the yolks just set (or to your desired doneness), about 15 or 20 minutes. Top with a bunch of fresh herbs and the grated parm. Scoop the eggs into a bowl with the sauce and serve immediately with crusty bread.
- You can also totally make these in little ramekins for single serving portions!