|We haven’t decided yet which this recipe is better for: breakfast or dinner. It’s delicious anytime, and it requires a fork and knife to eat.|
Fresh Tomato Bruschetta with Fried Eggs
We haven’t decided yet which this recipe is better for: breakfast or dinner. It’s delicious anytime, and it requires a fork and knife to eat.
- 4 slices 3/4-inch-thick Italian Bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 jumbo eggs
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds and any white flesh. Dice the tomatoes and place into medium mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, basil, and salt and toss together.
- On a serving platter, arrange the 4 pieces of toast and spoon a heaping spoonful of the tomato salad on top of each toast. Drizzle the remaining juices over the bruschettas.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, add a drizzle of olive oil. Crack the eggs into the pan. Allow the bottom and sides of the eggs to set. When you see the edges start to slightly brown and crisp, flip each egg over. Cook only for 1 minute on that side. Remove the eggs from the skillet and set directly on top the bruschetta.
- Drizzle the egg with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.