|There’s something almost magical about an incredible cold-weather recipe. This Mediterranean-inspired stew is no different! Loaded with so many big bold flavors, you’ll never think of stew the same way again.|
Mediterranean Chicken and Chickpea Stew
There’s something almost magical about an incredible cold-weather recipe. This Mediterranean-inspired stew is no different! Loaded with so many big bold flavors, you’ll never think of stew the same way again.
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ cup DeLallo Lemon Juice Slice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (6.7-ounce) jar DeLallo Soffritto Sautéed Vegetable Cooking Base
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can DeLallo Organic Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) DeLallo Imported Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (5.3-ounce) jar DeLallo Pitted Castelvetrano Olives, drained
- Bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a medium bowl whisk together garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, lemon juice, cumin, paprika and pepper. Add chicken and coat with marinade. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in the soffritto and cook for 2 minutes, until warmed.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to the pan, reserving the marinade. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until opaque, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, chickpeas, olives, reserved marinade and remaining salt. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through, about 7-9 minutes. Serve topped with parsley.