|The combination of salty prosciutto and sweet peas is a winner in this creamy, cheesy shrimp pasta dish.|
Pasta Shells with Peas, Prosciutto and Shrimp
The combination of pasta with prosciutto and peas is a winner in this creamy, cheesy shrimp pasta dish.
- 1 pound DeLallo Shells Pasta
- 5 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Fine Chopped Garlic in Water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, cleaned and deveined
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of hot pasta water.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and spices to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Add peas and prosciutto and continue to cook for another 4 to 5 minutes until the prosciutto starts to brown.
- Stir in the cream and cheese. Turn heat to medium-low and cook until the mixture starts to thicken, about 20 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and pasta water to pan and stir well. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the pasta is coated in the shrimp sauce. Enjoy!