as noodles, with pesto, peas, bacon, and cheese – verdict: cool.|
To view the full post, click here!
pinch of yum
Pesto Asparagus Noodles
- 2 pounds jumbo asparagus
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Simply Pesto® Sauce - Traditional Basil (more to taste)
- cooked, crumbled bacon
- cooked peas
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus into wide ribbons, like fettuccine noodles. You will get to a point with each piece where you can’t shave them any further, leaving a thicker “noodle” of asparagus. I’d recommend just saving those and using them in something else so they don’t mess with your gorgeous paper-thin noodles.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the asparagus to the pan in batches, tossing around the pan for no more than 30 seconds to one minute. You want the asparagus to be righ between raw and cooked, because once they get too cooked, they will go soggy on you (and… no thanks).
- Toss the semi-cooked asparagus very gently with the pesto in a large bowl. Plate the “noodles” just like you would with normal pasta, and top with bacon, peas, cheese, and extra pesto! Yummy!