|This easy-to-make bruschetta pasta sauce stars our smoky-sweet Roasted Pepper Bruschetta and tangy tomatoes. We toss it up with Italian sausage and our fun Shellbows pasta for an instant masterpiece of a meal you need to try.|
Roasted Pepper Bruschetta and Tomato Sauce with Shellbows and Italian Sausage
This easy-to-make bruschetta pasta sauce stars our smoky-sweet Roasted Pepper Bruschetta and tangy tomatoes. We toss it up with Italian sausage and our fun Shellbows pasta for an instant masterpiece of a meal you need to try.
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (6.7-ounce) jar DeLallo Soffritto Sautéed Vegetable Cooking Base
- 1 (7.05-ounce) jar DeLallo Roasted Pepper Bruschetta
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (28-ounce) can DeLallo San Marzano Style Crushed Tomatoes 28 oz.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Shellbows Pasta
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add sausage and sugar to the pan. Cook until sausage becomes brown and begins to caramelize, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer sausage to a plate with a slotted spoon. Be sure to leave the drippings in the pan.
- Still on medium heat, add the soffritto, bruschetta and smashed garlic cloves. Sauté for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving ½ cup hot pasta water.
- Remove smashed garlic from the sauce and discard. Immediately stir in hot pasta and cooked sausage to the saucepan. Add pasta water to the sauce until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide into bowls or serve family style.