|This Skinny Creamy San Marzano Tomato Sauce recipe is so creamy, you’d think it would be loaded with cream, butter, and/or cheese. Instead, the creaminess comes from a veggie: cauliflower!|
Skinny Creamy San Marzano Tomato Sauce
This Skinny Creamy San Marzano Tomato Sauce recipe is so creamy, you’d think it would be loaded with cream, butter, and/or cheese. Instead, the creaminess comes from a veggie: cauliflower!
- 2 tbsp. DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. DeLallo Tomato Paste
- 1 can DeLallo Imported San Marzano Tomatoes
- salt + pepper
- ½ medium head cauliflower, broken into medium florets
- 1 lb. DeLallo Organic Whole-Wheat Linguine Pasta (or your favorite whole wheat pasta)
- For topping: parmesan cheese, fresh basil or oregano, red pepper flakes
- Place a large pot of water seasoned with salt to boil. This will be used to cook your cauliflower and your pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium heat, add your olive oil and garlic, and saute until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add your red pepper flakes and tomato paste, and saute for another 30 seconds, then add your San Marzano tomatoes. Cook until bubbling, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- When your seasoned water is boiling, add your cauliflower and boil for 5-8 minutes, or until fork-tender. Transfer to your tomato sauce with a spider or tongs, leaving the water in the pot to boil.
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, carefully transfer your tomato sauce mixture to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour the sauce back into your pan.
- Once your pasta is al dente, add it to your pureed tomato sauce and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.