|From-scratch gnocchi is easier than you think with our Potato and Cheese Gnocchi Kit. But did you know you can add a little pesto to create an exciting new flavor? This recipe has it all… down to the creamy fragrant basil sauce.|
Sun-Dried Tomato Gnocchi with Basil Cream Sauce
From-scratch gnocchi is easier than you think with our Potato and Cheese Gnocchi Kit. But did you know you can add a little pesto to create an exciting new flavor? This recipe has it all… down to the creamy fragrant basil sauce.
- 1 (8.82-ounce) package DeLallo Gnocchi Kit
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- ¼ cup DeLallo Simply Pesto Sun-Dried Tomato, Basil and Cheese
- ½ cup of flour for dusting
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Dipping Seasoning Spices 4 oz. Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Seasoning Spice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Gnocchi Kit contents with water and pesto. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form. Knead by hand until the dough no longer sticks. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and form into a loaf shape.
- To form gnocchi, use a knife to cut dough into 1” strips. Roll out each strip by-hand into long ropes. Cut each rope into 1” pieces. To create gnocchi’s signature ridges (optional), press the back of a fork into each piece. Dust gnocchi pieces with flour, cover and set aside until ready to cook.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, basil and seasoning spices and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the cream. Simmer for 7-9 minutes, until sauce thickens and easily coats the back of a spoon.
- Transfer sauce to a food processor or blender (or immersion blender) and pulse until smooth.
- Meanwhile, bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Pour the sauce back into the saucepan. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring back to a simmer.
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Once they float to the top, they are ready. Remove gnocchi with a slotted spoon and immediately transfer to the simmering sauce. Divide into 6 bowls or serve family-style.