|With an easy preparation, this handsome, colorful pasta salad is loaded up with fresh peppers, cherry tomatoes, Gaeta olives and tender eggplant. Make a splash at your next get-together with this flavorful creation.|
Whole-Wheat Farfalle Pasta Salad with Peppers, Eggplant and Fresh Mozzarella
With an easy preparation, this handsome, colorful pasta salad is loaded up with fresh peppers, cherry tomatoes, Gaeta olives and tender eggplant. Make a splash at your next get-together with this flavorful creation.
- 1 pound DeLallo Organic Whole-Wheat Farfalle
- 1 yellow pepper, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 small red onion, cut in ½-inch slices
- 1 eggplant
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 pound Delallo Gaeta olive, pitted
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Red Wine Vinegar
- A generous amount of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 20 small leaves of fresh basil, torn
- DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta and let it cool down.
- Sauté the peppers briefly with the onion, salt and a bit of olive oil. Cut a large eggplant into thick (1/2-inch) slices, and lay them on a plate; sprinkle both sides with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill the eggplants in a non-stick skillet until they are soft and thoroughly cooked, and then lay them on your cutting board to cool. When they are cool enough, cut them into strips (two cuts horizontally and two vertically) and toss them gently in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh chopped parsley.
- Quarter the tomatoes and mix them with the pasta, cubed fresh mozzarella, chopped pitted olives, eggplants and peppers with a generous amount of olive oil, basil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. It can be prepared in advance or eaten at once. Leftovers are delicious too.