|Thanks to a hefty dose of green vegetables and a tangy vinaigrette, you’ll want to cook this light and healthy pasta dish all summer long. Serve it warm for dinner or bring it to your next picnic for a unique pasta salad that is sure to be a hit.|
Shrimp and Broccoli Warm Pasta Salad
Thanks to a hefty dose of green vegetables and a tangy vinaigrette, you’ll want to cook this light and healthy pasta dish all summer long. Serve it warm for dinner or bring it to your next picnic for a unique pasta salad that is sure to be a hit.
- 1 pound broccoli crowns
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon sliced crosswise
- 1 (16-ounce) package DeLallo Casarecce Pasta
- Bunch of microgreens or greens of your choice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cleaned with the tails on
- 4 DeLallo Calabrian Chili Peppers from 6.7-ounce jar, chopped
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (opitonal)
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Golden Sweet Balsamic-Style Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Cut broccoli into florets. Peel and thinly slice stems. Toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl. Place broccoli and lemon slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until browned and crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then add broccoli to a large bowl and set lemons aside.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, whisk together the chili peppers, oil, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to combine. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine vinegar, garlic (optional), salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil to incorporate.
- Add pasta and dressing to broccoli and toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pick, about 2 to 4 minutes depending on their size.
- Divide pasta mixture among bowls. Top with shrimp and lemon and serve at room temperature or chilled with crusty bread.