This creamy artichoke soup is full of artichoke hearts, cream and creme fraiche. It’s rich and hearty but also light in flavor – perfect for late winter.
To view the full recipe, click here!
- SERVES: 4
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans DeLallo Artichoke Hearts in brine, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted, for serving
- 1 jar DeLallo Grilled Artichokes Hearts, for garnish
- lemon wedges for spritzing
- Heat a large pot over medium-low heat and add the olive oil and butter. Add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the soup until the artichokes are very tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. They will begin to fall apart and almost melt into the soup.
- Very carefully transfer the soup to a blender (place a towel on top!) and blend until smooth. Pour the soup back into the pot.
- Stir the cream and crème fraiche into the soup. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 30 minutes – it will reduce a bit. Taste the soup and season it with more salt and pepper if needed. If it tastes too briney, you can stir in a bit more cream or crème fraiche (I’d go with ¼ cup).
- Serve the soup with a toast baguette slice on top. Add a grilled artichoke heart. Place a lemon wedge on the side for spritzing!