With the complementary flavors of lemon and the aromatic herb, sage, these steaks shine atop a creamy, savory spoonful of polenta with Parmigiano. If you were ever wondering how to incorporate your craving for the Northern Italian classic into a hearty side, we show you the way.
- SERVES: 2
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 2 sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 1/2 cup sage leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup DeLallo Instant Polenta
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over high heat. Add steaks, sage and garlic. Cook to your preference. Set aside for 2 minutes and allow the juices to set.
- Meanwhile in a medium-sized pot, bring 3 tablespoons of butter and chicken broth to a boil. Whisk in polenta and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Serve steaks on top of polenta. Be sure to spoon the pan juices over the polenta.