An easy vegetarian breakfast burritos recipe, filled with soft-scrambled eggs, cheese, roasted broccoli, mushrooms & potatoes, & a drizzle of pesto for freshness. pesto roasted veggie vegetarian breakfast burritos are the perfect healthy make-ahead breakfast for weekdays! (meal prep & freezer-friendly).
To view the full recipe, click here!
- SERVES: 6-8
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 12 oz broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into ½-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Pure Olive Oil, divided
- salt, ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup DeLallo Squeeze Basil Pesto
- 8 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Place the broccoli, mushrooms, and potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with 1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and ground black pepper, then toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender, and the veggies are slightly crisp around the edges.
- Meanwhile, scramble the eggs. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and milk to a large bowl, seasoning with 1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and ground black pepper. Whisk until pale & frothy. Add the eggs to the skillet. Soft-scramble the eggs. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to push them around the skillet as the cook, until the eggs are just set, about 2-3 minutes. The eggs should be very fluffy and slightly wet! Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To assemble, pop the tortillas into the microwave for 30 seconds to warm them up. Pile each with eggs, roasted veggies, a sprinkling of shredded mozzarella. Squeeze 1 tablespoon of pesto over top. Roll them up, tucking the sides toward the center then roll the filling into the center of the burrito.
- To serve immediately, place the assembled burritos on a second baking sheet. Pop them back in the oven to melt the cheese, about 5 minutes.
- Portion size: This recipe will yield 8 average sized vegetarian breakfast burritos, or 6 large burritos.
- Freezing instructions: To freeze for later, tightly wrap your breakfast burritos in foil to avoid freezer burn. Freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (be sure to move the foil!).