|Cozy up with this classic chicken soup, prepared with teeny delicious chicken meatballs and our signature Italian Tortellini. If you find a better way to keep warm, you let us know.|
Chicken Meatball Tortellini Soup
Cozy up with this classic chicken soup, prepared with teeny delicious chicken meatballs and our signature Italian Tortellini. If you find a better way to keep warm, you let us know.
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large carrot, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4-pound) cooked rotisserie chicken, meat removed & torn into small pieces
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package DeLallo Three Cheese Tortellini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- DeLallo Grated Parmesan, for garnishing
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oilu>
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium setting. Add onion, carrot and celery. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 4-5 minutes. Add stock and chicken. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse all meatball ingredients in food processor until they become a thick paste. Roll loosely to form small mini meatballs, about 1 inch in size. Set aside.
- Bring soup to a boil. Add meatballs and cook in soup for about 4-5 minutes; until cooked through. Reduce soup back to a simmer. Gently stir in Tortellini and cook for al dente texture. Add in chopped parsley.
- Serve soup with grated Parmesan.