|Go green! This unique pizza pie features your favorite green things: Brussels sprouts, broccolini and herbaceous basil pesto. Get your healthy greens and indulge in one of your favorite meals. The best of both worlds!|
Brussels and Broccolini Pizza with Pesto
Go green! This unique pizza pie features your favorite green things: Brussels sprouts, broccolini and herbaceous basil pesto. Get your healthy greens and indulge in one of your favorite meals. The best of both worlds!
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Italian Pizza Dough Kit
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Squeeze Pesto Topping
- 8 ounces mozzarella
- ½ pound broccolini, trimmed
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts, shaved
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- Meanwhile in a saucepot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt. Blanch broccolini by submerging in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Once bright green, remove broccolini with a slotted spoon and transfer immediately to a bowl of ice water to halt the cooking process.
- In the same boiling water, blanch the Brussesl sprouts by submerging for about 2 minutes. Once bright green, drain and transfer to a separate bowl of ice water. Once vegetables have cooled, drain and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 500˚F.
- Cut prepared pizza dough in half. Roll out dough into a circle on a floured surface and spread evenly with pesto.
- Top with mozzarella, broccolini and Brussels sprouts.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust becomes golden. Remove pizza from oven and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano and pepper flakes.