|The deep flavor of crisp roasted vegetables really shines in this simple bucatini recipe. Thanks to the addition of savory fresh herbs, garlic and anchovy fillets, this dish is as delicious as it is healthy.|
Bucatini with Roasted Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts and Peppers
The deep flavor of crisp roasted vegetables really shines in this simple bucatini recipe. Thanks to the addition of savory fresh herbs, garlic and anchovy fillets, this dish is as delicious as it is healthy.
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Bucatini
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 pound cauliflower florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 (12-ounce) jar DeLallo Roasted Red Peppers, drained and sliced into strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Chopped Garlic in Water
- 4 DeLallo Anchovy Fillets in Olive Oil, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 sprig fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- Heat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, 1/4 cup oil, salt and pepper. Toss well to combine
- Place the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Roast until the vegetables are brown and slightly crisp, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of hot pasta water.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup of oil in a large, deep skillet. Add shallots, garlic, anchovies, crushed red pepper, rosemary and thyme. Cook, stirring frequently to prevent burning, until the shallot is slightly softened.
- Add roasted red peppers and cook for 3 minutes. Add the cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, pasta and reserved water and cook over moderate heat, tossing, until the water is nearly absorbed. Remove from heat and serve.