|Easy enough for a weeknight and impressive enough for dinner guests, this creamy goat cheese pasta dish is one you’re going to want to have on-hand. Featuring savory pancetta and sweet peas with a kiss of garlic and lemon, the combination of flavors and silky smooth creaminess is off the charts.|
Cavatappi with Peas, Pancetta and Goat Cheese
Easy enough for a weeknight and impressive enough for dinner guests, this creamy pasta with goat cheese dish is one you’re going to want to have on-hand. Featuring savory pancetta and sweet peas with a kiss of garlic and lemon, the combination of flavors and silky smooth creaminess is off the charts.
- 1 (16-ounce) package DeLallo Cavatappi
- 5 ounces pancetta, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- ½ cup freshly grated DeLallo Imported Italian Granino Cheese Wedge (or Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces microgreens
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instruction. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until garlic becomes fragrant and pancetta is crispy. Transfer pancetta to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Add the flour and whisk to form a paste (roux). Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. While whisking, add in the milk in a slow, steady stream. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook, stirring until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 3 minutes.
- Add 2 ounces of goat cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and Parmigiano-Reggiano to the sauce. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the hot pasta, peas and pancetta to the pan and toss together to combine. Serve topped with microgreens.