|To serve, to snack or to lunch, this Mediterranean-inspired flatbread is a trip to your local olive bar away—just top it with your favorite olives and antipasti. Try making it a meal alongside a fresh greens salad.|
Cheesy Olive & Artichoke Flatbread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
To serve, to snack or to lunch, this Mediterranean-inspired flatbread is a trip to your local olive bar away—just top it with your favorite olives and antipasti. Try making it a meal alongside a fresh greens salad.
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Pizza Dough Kit
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half-and-half
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded provolone
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Calamata Olives in Jar, halved
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomatoes drained and cut into strips
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Form pizza into rectangles by hand on a lightly oiled baking pan or pizza stone.
- Make the Sauce. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant and lightly browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk the heavy cream into the butter until combined. Heat, whisking occasionally, until the cream simmers, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook, whisking occasionally until the sauce thickens to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Divide toppings between each crust. First, spread a hearty layer of Alfredo on top. Sprinkle with shredded cheeses. Top with olives, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden and toppings are browned. Remove from oven.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.