|I am a
huge fan of anything caprese. The fresh flavors of sweet tomatoes, sliced
mozzarella cheese, basil draped in balsamic anything and everything and a
drizzle of fruity olive oil.|
Check out the full recipe here!
Chicken Caprese Sandwich
- 4 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 10 ounce loaf of sourdough bread (I used rosemary flavored), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 8 ounce log fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 10-12 medium size or campari tomatoes, about 11 ounces
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- DeLallo Balsamic Vinegar or DeLallo balsamic glaze
- Mix 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, parsley, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a medium size bowl. Add the chicken breasts and and turn to coat and let the chicken stand at room temperature.
- Light a grill and set to high or prepare a grill pan on the stove and heat to medium high heat. Discard the marinade and add the chicken to the grill or pan and season with more salt and pepper. After about 3-4 minutes, turn the chicken breasts. Cook for another 3 minutes or until nice grill marks form. If on the grill, turn off one side of the grill and move chicken to that side, cover and cook until chicken has an internal temperature of 185 degrees. If on the stove, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook until chicken has an internal temperature of 185 degrees. Slice the chicken and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil to each cut side of the bread and grill until lightly browned.
- Cut the bread into 3 slices for each half. Layer each slice with 3-4 slices of chicken, a few slices of mozzarella cheese and top with tomato slices. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar or glaze and top with basil leaves. Season with more salt and pepper and serve.