|There’s only one thing that could make a creamy, rich clam chowder even better: gnocchi. Try our from-scratch clam chowder recipe for a hearty, comforting chowder that will fill you up fast.|
Gnocchi Clam Chowder
There’s only one thing that could make a creamy, rich clam chowder even better: gnocchi. Try our from-scratch clam chowder recipe for a hearty, comforting chowder that will fill you up fast.
- 1 (16-ounce) package DeLallo Potato Gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ pound pancetta, diced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 white onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Fine Chopped Garlic in Water
- 3 (14-ounce) cans DeLallo Clam Juice Broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 (6.5-ounce) cans DeLallo Chopped Sea Clams
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook according to the package instructions. Remember, gnocchi will float to the surface when finished cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fat renders and pancetta begins to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add celery, onion and garlic to the pot. Cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add clam juice, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl to form a slurry paste. Stir into the chowder base and bring to a boil to thicken.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in clams, cream and gnocchi, and simmer for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Click here to learn how to make homemade gnocchi from scratch.
- Click here to learn how to make easy homemade gnocchi with our Gnocchi Kit.