|Winner, winner… chicken carbonara? Take everything you love about the classic Italian pasta dish and make it dinner.|
Herb-Roasted Chicken and Cherry Tomato Carbonara with Bacon
Winner, winner… chicken carbonara? Take everything you love about the classic Italian pasta dish and make it dinner.
- 1 egg, plus 2 additional egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups DeLallo Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1.07-ounce) can DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Seasoning Spice in our DeLallo Dipping Seasoning Spices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 8-10 slices bacon
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Casarecce Pasta
- Fresh basil, for garnishing
- DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large serving bowl, beat eggs and cheese to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Coat both sides of each chicken breast with ½ container of the seasoning spice.
- In a large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon oil and remaining seasoning spice. Add tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large saucepan. Once the garlic begins to turn golden, remove from the oil and discard. Add chicken and sear until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and place on an oiled baking sheet
- Scatter the tomatoes with the chicken on the baking sheet. Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in the same pan used to sear the chicken, cook the bacon. Remove from the pan and transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Once cooled, crumble the bacon.
- Remove the chicken from the oven once cooked. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes, then slice and set aside.
- Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instruction. Drain, reserving 2 cups of the pasta water to finish sauce.
- In a large serving bowl, combine hot pasta, chicken with tomatoes and bacon. Add the egg and cheese. Toss to coat and to gently cook the eggs with the heat of the pasta. Once combined, add about 1/4 cup of the reserved hot pasta water and toss. If the pasta appears too dry, add another splash of pasta water.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with additional cheese and fresh basil.