|Put your garden zucchini to work with this summer-inspired Carbonara recipe. We top it off with cool and creamy burrata cheese, chives and a kiss of fresh citrus.|
Vegetarian Summertime Carbonara with Zucchini, Burrata and Chives
Put your garden zucchini to work with this summer-inspired Carbonara recipe. We top it off with cool and creamy burrata cheese, chives and a kiss of fresh citrus.
- 1 egg, plus 2 additional egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups DeLallo Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 (16-ounce) package DeLallo Spaghetti
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large serving bowl, beat eggs and cheese to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large saucepan. Once the garlic begins to turn golden, remove from the oil and discard. Stir in the zucchini, lemon zest and lemon juice. Immediately remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instruction. Drain, reserving 2 cups of the pasta water to finish sauce.
- In a large serving bowl, combine hot pasta and zucchini with the oil in the pan. Add the egg and cheese. Toss to coat and to gently cook the eggs with the heat of the pasta. Once combined, add about 1/4 cup of the reserved hot pasta water and toss. If the pasta appears too dry, add another splash of pasta water.
- Top with dollops of burrata cheese, fresh chives and a drizzle of oil. Serve immediately.