Our friend @BevCooks created this easy, homemade gnocchi recipe using our gnocchi kit. Perfect for fall with comforting textures, savory flavor and perfect, light and fluffy gnocchi bites.
Homemade Gnocchi In A Lemony Cream Sauce With Italian Sausage
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Potato Gnocchi
- 3 - 4 links of Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 handful minced parsley, for garnish
- Coarse salt
- Cook the gnocchi according to package instructions.
- Brown the Italian sausage in a large over medium heat, until no longer pink. Remove the sausage from the skillet and set aside.
- Back in the skillet, melt the butter. Once foaming, add the flour and whisk until it begins to darken, just a couple of minutes. Because the skillet is so wide, it might be a little hard to whisk the flour into the butter, so I like to tilt the skillet and whisk on one side. Add the minced garlic, lemon zest and juice and whisk until a sauce starts to form. Slowly, add the milk, a half cup at a time and keep whisking as it thickens. Season with a good pinch of salt right here, once all the milk is added.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, and gently cook the gnocchi for about three minutes until they all rise to the top.
- Add the broiled gnocchi to the cream sauce and gently toss to coat. Add the sausage back to the skillet and stir to combine. Garnish with plenty of chopped parsley, along with more lemon wedges and serve.