|This one-pan recipe features savory meatballs and a tangy tomato sauce for an easy weeknight baked pasta dish that will have everyone rushing the dinner table. We would bet on it.|
One-Pan Pasta & Meatball Bake
This one-pan recipe features savory meatballs and a tangy tomato sauce for an easy weeknight baked pasta dish that will have everyone rushing the dinner table. We would bet on it.
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6.7-ounce) jar DeLallo Soffritto Sautéed Vegetable Base
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (28-ounce) can DeLallo San Marzano-Style Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound DeLallo Shells
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen precooked mini meatballs, thawed
- 2 cups shredded provolone
- Bunch fresh basil, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat a large oven-safe pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, garlic, soffritto and pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the peppers and cook until slightly soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, red wine, stock and salt to the pan and then bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir the shells into the sauce.
- Stir in the meatballs and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes uncovered. The meatballs should be cooked through and the pasta tender. Remove from the oven and serve topped with fresh basil.